Subject: Fwd: programming project
From: Allison LeBouef <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:38:46 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andy LeGoullon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: programming project
To: Allison LeBouef <[email-masked]>

Here's the MadLibs project I give to my students. If Caleb wants to do this
project, have him do as much as he can on his own and then he can email me
with questions when he gets stuck. If he'd rather do some other project
that he thinks up, I could help him with that too.

Andy

Programming Project: MadLibs

   1.

   Write a MadLibs story containing 10 or so prompts (words you will ask
   the user to enter, for example a noun, a country, a snack food, etc). The
   story can be about anything you want: How to catch a fish, how to bake a
   cake, what happens during a trip to Disney World, etc.
   2.

   Make a file called madlibs.py. This file will contain all the python
   code to play your Madlibs. Add code to this file that does the following:
   1.

      Asks the first prompt, for example, "Enter the name of a vegetable"
      2.

      Store the user's entered word in a variable.
      3.

      Repeat these two tasks for all the remaining prompts.
      4.

      Print out the completed MadLibs story, replacing the prompts with the
      words stored in the variables.
      3.

   Run your program and make sure it works correctly.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM Allison LeBouef <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I love Madlibs! I like the idea of getting him to formulate the questions
> he needs to ask too. Let’s try it and see what happens! Thanks so much for
> helping me with this
> Allison
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 14, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Andy LeGoullon <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Are you familiar with Madlibs? I was thinking of having Caleb make a
> computer program version of Madlibs as his first project. It's more of an
> intermediate level project, but not impossible for someone starting out and
> it sounds like he's looking for a challenge. I can give you the project
> details if you think this would work out.
> >
> > He would definitely need some assistance on it at times, but it would
> give him good experience asking for help. I could help him out via
> email/phone. Or I can come in if he is getting very frustrated. Anna knows
> Python and may also be willing to help.
> >
> > Andy
>

-- 
Allison LeBouef, LOTR/ OT supervisor
Pediatric Therapy and Learning Center, LLC
108 Energy Pkwy
Lafayette, LA  70508
(337)504-4244
fax (337)706-7612
www.pediatrictlc.com

*Important Confidentiality Information:*

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and
confidential information, including patient information protected by
federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by calling 337-504-4244 <(337)%20504-4244>.  Feel free to leave
a voice message stating the sender and the subject line. Please destroy all
copies of the original message.

Clients: Please note that this is not an encrypted email which means that
the e-mail and any information it contains could be unknowingly
intercepted.  Please consider this in all future correspondence.